Safe removal of amalgam
It is a procedure that is performed safely, following certified protocols. It consists of removing the amalgam present by replacing it with biocompatible compounds that safeguard the affected tooth.
It is painless.
Metal alloy also containing mercury.
Very harmful to our bodies and the environment.
Biocompatible ceramics and composites.
What is amalgam?
Amalgam is an alloy of metals that also contains mercury and was used in the past to fill teeth.
About 440 mg of mercury are present in a filling and the alloy oxidises over time and some particles can be corroded in the saline environment of the mouth. The particles can be absorbed by the mucous membranes of the oral cavity and go directly into the bloodstream, depositing in the organs, causing toxicity.
They can be swallowed and, passing into the stomach and intestines, affect the liver and kidneys for disposal. Some is eliminated through urine and faeces, contaminating the environment.
Mercury Symptoms and Damage
Mercury can cause various diseases and disorders, including serious ones, such as:
headaches and migraine;
lack of concentration;
urinary tract inflammation;